North Vancouver Jobs at the Pinnacle Hotel at the Pier
Dishwasher / Steward
GeneralGiven the nature of the Pinnacle Hotel at the Pier as a unique, boutique style property, Dishwasher / Steward must be a multi-functional, an energetic, motivated individual with an attention for the finer details.
- Dish Washer / Steward to provide fast and effective cleaning of all kitchen utensils, dishware, glassware and pots.
- Maintain the kitchen area ensuring cleanliness and tidiness.
- Must be capable of working effectively both unsupervised and within a team environment.
- Ensure all foods are handled and stored safely in accordance with established health codes.
- Other job duties as assigned by supervisor.
- FOODSAFE Certificate / WHIMIS Certificate
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be a team player who works well with others and has good organizational skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety rules and regulations.
- Must be well self-motivated, responsible and organized.
- Maintains a flexible schedule to accommodate operational needs of a hotel environment. Must be available weekends, holidays and overnight.
- Able to stand on feet for 8 hour shift in a hot environment
Housekeeping Houseman (overnight)
GeneralGiven the nature of the Pinnacle Hotel at the Pier as a unique, boutique style property, a room attendant will provide excellent customer service to ensure customer satisfaction, maintain a high level of cleanliness and sanitation in guest rooms, hallways and designated public areas, according to established Hotel Housekeeping Standards.
Description of Duties:
- Clean public areas and back of the house
- Vacuum carpeting, area rugs, draperies, upholstered furniture and occasionally ceilings and vents.
- Wash doors, windows, walls of public areas
- Clean guestrooms include: making beds and changing sheets as required, dusting, vacuuming, placing furniture to its original position.
- Clean bathroom inside the guestrooms includes: cleaning all surfaces (horizontal and vertical), all sinks, taps, vanities, tubs, showers and walls and toilets.
- Ensure that public areas and back of the house work areas meet the established standards of cleanliness to assure guest satisfaction.
- Respond to guest requests, concerns and complaints quickly and efficiently.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned by the Housekeeping Manager / Supervisor.
- Keep work area stocked, organized and clean at all times as defined by the task list and cleaning schedules posted in the department.
- Ensure work areas and equipment are kept functional and orderly at all times, reporting any deficiencies as necessary.
- Handle and report lost and found items.
- Possesses an eye for the smallest detail.
- Maintains a flexible schedule to accommodate operational needs of a hotel environment (including week-ends and holidays)
- Adhere to Pinnacle at the Pier core values
- Physical Demands:
- Lifting -- under 20 lbs
- Carrying -- over 20 lbs
- Pulling -- over 20 lbs -- bending, standing, reaching and kneeling.
- Graveyard shift
GeneralGiven the nature of the Pinnacle Hotel at the Pier as a unique, boutique style property, the Housekeeping Supervisor will serve as an ambassador for the Hotel and must be a multi-functional individual who is driven to always exceed our residents & guests’ expectations with an attention for detail. The individual possesses strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude towards their work and their fellow colleagues handling extreme pressure situations as they occur.
Description of Duties:
- Provide housekeeping supervision when required for vacation and supplemental coverage.
- Assist the Housekeeping Manager managing the housekeeping team.
- Inspect and ensures all rooms have been assigned and serviced each day –Coach employees as required.
- Assign daily tasks to the housekeeping staffing a fair and equitable manner.
- Supervise, train, support, and monitor room attendants, and housemen performance.
- Ensure that all guest rooms, public areas and back of the house work areas meet the established standards of cleanliness to assure guest satisfaction and maximize revenue.
- Comply at all times with the hotel standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with hotel standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Assist Housekeeping Manager in maintaining a monthly linen inventory (must be completed on 30th to the 1st of every month) and a weekly supply inventory (order as needed).
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner. Focus on special emphasis on priority and VIP guests.
- Report all work orders to engineering/maintenance and all problems needing repairs.
- Maintain clear and effective communication between housekeeping and other departments
- Other duties as required.
- Self motivated, responsible, organized and task oriented
- Have excellent communication and guest service skills
- Possesses an eye for the smallest detail.
- Maintains a flexible schedule to accommodate operational needs of a hotel environment.
- Adhere to Pinnacle at the Pier core values.
Guest Services Agent (Full Time)
GeneralGiven the nature of the Pinnacle Hotel at the Pier as a unique, boutique style property, a Front Desk Clerk must be a multi-functional individual who is driven to always exceed our guests’ expectations with an attention for detail. The individual possesses strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude towards their work and their fellow colleagues handling extreme pressure situations as they occur. Computer and word processing are necessary along with decision-making and problem solving skills.
Specific Duties and/or Job Responsibilities:
- Provide courteous, prompt, professional and attentive guest service up to 5 Diamond Standards at all times whilst on the desk developing a personal rapport the guests.
- Keeping yourself aware of procedural and/or policy changes by reviewing the log book and memo board upon shift arrival; record important and relevant items as required therein.
- Cashiering duties including posting charges, handling an individual cash float, debit, credit cards and billing settlements at the end of your shift.
- Answer and direct the multi-line telephone console calls in a professional and consistent manner responding to any inquiries and/or reservation bookings.
- Responsible for the registration of arriving guests and checking out departing guests.
- Check for, review and input any reservations received on the fax machine and over the telephone during your shift.
- Take delivery of any packages and/or mail received at the Front Desk for in house and arriving guests or other departments as required arranging for prompt delivery.
- Must possess fluent knowledge of the city and geography, keeping abreast of arts & entertainment and local trends, restaurants & tourist attractions.
- Complete all duties in an expedient fashion as assigned by the Guest Services Manager & Executive Team.
- Self motivated, responsible, organized and task oriented.
- Fluent in English. Proficiency of a second language would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Must be able to stand or sit for an 8 hour shift.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must have a passion for delivering outstanding guest services.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Education & Experience
- 1 - 2 years working in a hospitality related industry in a front office type position.
- Must have extensive knowledge of the local area and must be able to provide valid and relevant directions, recommendations to enable successful fulfillment of guest requests. Familiarity with local attractions, exhibitions, concerts, theatres, shopping, sporting events, restaurants, transportations and any other information of interest to guests.
- Experience with Maestro PMS is preferred but, not necessary.
- Occupation First Aid Level 1 would be an asset.
- College education in hospitality is preferred.